Jrskygod

Well Known Member
Patron
Has anyone out there used JB Weld instead of pro seal to stick zip tie mounts to the airframe. Any advantage of one over the other? Any reason not to use JB Weld? Just curious.

Not sure why you would bother with either Proseal or jb weld when shoe goo or E6000 type adhesive works fine

I use Goop's Automotive Trim Adhesive. I figure if it will hold stuff on a hot car, it hold a zip-tie pad. After 650 hours it is holding up.

3M

3M urethane. 08609 part number. Same as sikaflex....well for that application:rolleyes: I have used it exclusively for bonding tie mounts to the airframe for wiring runs.

I figure I have some extra ProSeal on hand, so I'll use it for wiring runs along the center tunnel. I like that it's not going to dissolve in fuel, just in case I get a leak from a fitting.

Has anyone out there used JB Weld instead of pro seal to stick zip tie mounts to the airframe. Any advantage of one over the other? Any reason not to use JB Weld? Just curious.

One is flexible, the other isn't. Go with the flexible ProSeal out of those two choices.

I second the E6000 shoe goo. I've done pull tests with a tie secured through the mounts Steins sell, and I' d bend the aluminum skin well before the tie would come off. Great stuff.
Rick
Southampton, ont

I have installed many where I drilled a hole through the foam backing and pop riveted them with a countersink rivet and a little washer in several places on my project.