rjtjrt

Well Known Member
I know I know. Can't be done now DR has quite understandably stopped the group buys.
I have an strong desire to get an MRX after missing nearby conflicting traffic (fortunately not even a close call but reinforced the limitations of see and be seen - no I'm not advocating relying on technology and less lookout but I think any extra help is a good thing).
So, being parsimonious, I would like to minimise outlay. I also think there others who would buy one of these if there was a useful discount/offer.
DR did a group buy on the XRX but out of my price/utility ratio - I want small portable battery unit.
So if anyone else would genuinely like to buy an MRX please express an interest and perhaps if enough people do so Doug may respond with something, or allow one of his enterprising advertisers to offer something?
By the way I am not in North America and would be upset if something did get off the ground and restricted to US/Canada, so I hope I will be able to participate from Oz.
John Russell

Hi John!

Didn't stop 'em, just restricted them to advertisers on the site. Zaon will be advertising shortly on the site so I'm pretty certain we can work something up.

kindest,
dr

Well, I'm waiting ;-)

I am about to put the trigger on a Zaon MRX... any updates on this?

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Doug. Sigh... since I won't be at SnF and I don't want to wait until Oshkosh, I went ahead and ordered one today. Maybe next time.

I'm still interested.
I don't know about others but I have trouble justify buying a desirable "luxury" like the MRX. A significant group buy discount would tip me over to a buyer.
John

I don't know about others but I have trouble justify buying a desirable "luxury" like the MRX.
After flying with mine for a month, I can honestly say I can't imagine being without one now. The only caution I can give is not to rely on it to identify every threat. Two weeks ago it didn't pick up a 172 at our 12-o'clock same altitude heading right for us. I can only guess that they didn't have their transponder on.