greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
I happen to have the privilege and pride of knowing personally each of the fine people Lauran Paine refers to in his most recent article, which is published in the new Sport Aviation issue (March 2017). The story starts on Page 42 and clicking on the photo below should get you to the web-based version. So it warmed my heart to finally get to see and read the article, and I figured everyone here would appreciate its message.

While the airplanes and construction projects are of course the glue that brings us all together, the community we build -- including the relationships we form with the next generation -- is what really makes it so worthwhile. If you ever have an opportunity to help a young person achieve their dreams though your building, be sure to make it happen! As Ernie (Eagle's Nest) and Bob (AviationNation) and all of us involved in TeenFlight (Portland/Puyallup) and the many other similar programs know, it truly makes a difference in young peoples' lives. And it's not just the formal programs that help young folks make their mark, of course. There are individuals all around the world using aviation and aircraft building to mentor and provide opportunities for youth. This article represents just one example - there are many others as well!

Last edited: