sf3543

Well Known Member
I want to start introducing my grand daughters to flying with me, but I want to make sure they have ANR headsets to protect their hearing and to make flying fun and comfortable for them.
So, I'm interested in getting a youth headset, but I already have several DC H10-13 headsets and was wondering if I can convert them to fit on smaller heads. In looking at the DC site, I see that their youth headsets are convertable to full size sets, which tells me that maybe the frame is just smaller.
Anyway, I was just looking for confirmation on this. Also, if anyone has either a youth headset or the parts to make a full size headset into a youth, I would be interested in either purchasing that or maybe trading.
Thanks,

sf3543 said:
I want to start introducing my grand daughters to flying with me, but I want to make sure they have ANR headsets to protect their hearing and to make flying fun and comfortable for them.
So, I'm interested in getting a youth headset, but I already have several DC H10-13 headsets and was wondering if I can convert them to fit on smaller heads. In looking at the DC site, I see that their youth headsets are convertable to full size sets, which tells me that maybe the frame is just smaller.
Thanks,

I've had good luck with the Telex Stratus D-50 ANR. Good performance in noisy aircraft, and a wide adjustment range.

Youth headset

Steve: I have a "pilot cadet" youth headset that was used once by my daughter, who is now using a larger set. I would like to trade for one of your Dave Clarks. Send me a PM if you are interested.
TN

Youth headset issue resolved by DC!

Guys, thanks for the responses, but I ended up sending an eMail to David Clark and they offered to send me the youth headspring, at no cost, to convert one of my H10-13X headsets to the youth size.
I have had only one issue with a DC headset over the years and DC stood behind their product. They didn't even ask for any kind of proof of purchase, but sent the part I needed, free of charge.
I know that not everyone uses DC's, but I certainly appreciate their product and the way they have treated me.