dwilson

Well Known Member
My wife and I took our first trip in our newly finished RV9A last week.
Flew from Kelso, WA to Auburn CA. Overnighted at a Super 8, (not really that super!) Next morning my "Nina" wouldn't start. Pulled the cowl and started diagnostics. A fellow drove up and said do you need help? I just finished my '7 and it is hangered right over there. If you need tools you can use whatever you need! (I am extremely "name challenged" and cannot remember his name.)
I went over and saw his baby. Nice job on the paint! Borrowed a socket and ratchet and went back to work.
2 more folks stopped by within 10 minutes. One was a want to be builder and one had finished and '8.
Found the problem. Undersized fuse in the stater relay circuit.

Buttoned her up and in flew a beautiful red RV6 with the builder and his wife. Had a great chat with them about their plane and the fly in they were attending.

Flew to Redlands CA. Pulled up to a ramp and unloaded. Was greeted by another '8 builder who offered us a ride to our lodging.

Next morning flew to Merced CA to refuel, then on to Sunriver OR. Met a '7 builder and his wife. Had a good chat and took him for a ride to keep him inspired to finish his project.

Flew back to Kelso.

What a great vehicle, not only to get around the country, but to meet fine people at nearly every stop we made.

Keep working on your projects folks. It really is worth it!!!!