scard

Well Known Member
Advertiser
...you go out for the next flight and find a plug fouled solid.

I guess we've had our first small hiccup of the weekend. We were due to be in Corsicana, TX this evening at 6:30pm for Tanya's Nephew's post wedding party. Big shindig and all. We got to the airport perfectly on time and did the mag check on the pad before departure (one slick mag, one LSE). One of the lower plugs on the mag wasn't firing at all (Champion fine wire). Bummer. Back to the hangar, we pulled the cowl and started pulling plugs. In party clothes. Yep, #4 lower plug was clearly fouled and wet. I wasn't able to clear it on the pad by running and leaning. We checked the rest which were all fine, and put a new plug in. All back together and back on the runup pad in about 40min. By this time we had missed our ride from the airport in Corsicana. So there wasn't much else to do but do a quick shakedown flight to be sure all was well, which it is. This is a first for us. I guess all the slow flight and landing practice just caught up with us. Hopefully that is all it was.
We'll be to bed early tonight and launching for Oshkosh tomorrow morning sometime 7:30am - 8:30am CDT.

Me Too!

I'll be launching, weather permitting, sometime around 0600. See you in OSH.

Gary
Who be going solo. C wants to stay home and care for the sick cat but gave me a kitchen pass.