Bob Axsom

Well Known Member
My wife asked me for suggestions for a Christmas Present several weeks ago. I looked through the EAA catalog And I saw the little picture of "Timeless Voices of Aviation". I knew that the EAA was working on a program to record some older folks talking about their experiences in aviation - things that if they didn't get recorded soon they would probably be lost forever. Well today I got it as a present. It is in a plastic case and it said DVD on the cover. Well I know DVDs are just another recording medium so I expected to hear voice recordings of some of these old guys talking telling war stories that I have heard or read before. I have since found that I can play it on a computer or the television with a DVD player. I was totally unprepared for the quality of experience I was to receive. Someone has really captured deep sincere aviation history told in a very personal and unpretentious style by the individuals that made it with extremely rare video of the planes in their time. It is a treasure.

Bob Axsom