pierre smith

Well Known Member
Yesterday I found, unfortunately, a case where it appears that an RV4 in Victoria disintegrated last month and resulted in two fatalities. Do any of you guys down there know what happened?

Thanks,

Not Yet.

I have been reluctant to jump in and report this accident, as all that has been reported so far is merely Media hersay and comment from non-aviation witnesses and I have no desire to instigate speculation into the incident.

What is fact so far is;
Empenage pieces were found some distance from the wreckage by the investigators.
Fire occured on impact and both pilots died.

Clearly this is far from sufficient detail to begin a discussion on the probable cause and any speculation on such limited information is liable to apportion blame to an innocent party.

When CASA(Oz FAA) release official findings I shall pass them on.

Pete.

Very sad...

Thanks for the time, Pete. Reports like this just sicken me and knot up my gut. Condolences to the families, if you know them,

Pierre

TSwezey said:
Over 300 lbs over the limit. I think I did the math right. They didn't have a chance.

The overweight condition is bad enough but it is the center of gravity that can make it unrecoverable. At almost 320 lbs overgross, there is no way that it could have been within CG.

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA