RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

Managed to finish my tanks yesterday, wanted it done still in 2005, was a lot more work than I imagined at the start. Well I had my proseal initiation, and I am very glad it is over. Now just hold thumbs while it cures over the next week, I will be doing leak tests next weekend.

The Preparation:
tank_seal_01.jpg

The Mess:
tanks_done_01.jpg

The Results:
tanks_done_02.jpg

tanks_done_03.jpg

And No, the green stuff is not coloured snow, we have summer this time of year in Africa!

PS: I see the instructions say to fasten the tank to the spar with every other screw at this stage. Why? Does it have to come of again later in the building process? I can't see a reason for it, what am I missing?

Kind Regards
Rudi

Last edited:
And some more...

My Vapour Return Lines modification (Thanks Captain_John for all your help)
The return line ends in the second bay, bend down to limit fuel foaming.
tank_vapor_return_01.jpg

tank_vapor_return_02.jpg

Kind Regards
Rudi

Last edited:
Rudi, Nice work!!!

You are quite welcome! I need to get working on my right tank soon. I got distracted by using this holiday week prepping my top wing skins. They will be ready for riveting real soon.

Looks great!

:D CJ

They look beautiful, Rudi! Does the inverted fuel system help while flying in the southern hemisphere? ;)

Happy New Year!!!

Roberta

Hi Guys,

Robertahegy: Hmmm...Yes...Van's sends some supplimentary instructions for us down here in the Southern parts of the world;) ...Nice joke...I'll remember that one!

Wingtime: The giant syringe is from the kitchen, for icing a cake , it comes with some nifty outlets, but the round one works fine on the tanks..:D

Jamie Aust: I see you're also in the Southern hemisphere, so your lawn must also be green this time of year :) PS: are you also going to fit a flop tube for us flying down in the southern hemisphere!

Regards,
Rudi

Last edited:
PS: I see the instructions say to fasten the tank to the spar with every other screw at this stage. Why? Does it have to come of again later in the building process? I can't see a reason for it, what am I missing?

Anyone an answer for me..!

option: tanks off for wing mating

greylingr said:

You may choose to remove the tanks while mating the wings. It would probably make wing mating a bit easier.

That said, I didn't bother. Once my tanks were on, they've never come off. Wing mating on these match-drilled setups isn't difficult to begin with.

Your call. If you want the tanks off when mating the wings, don't go too far out of your way to tighten all the tank hardware. If you don't care about the tanks being on, torque it all up and be done with it. Either way.

)_( Dan
RV-7 N714D
http://www.rvproject.com

I have no leaks!! :):p:D;)

Double Yippee! It tested it over the weekend and no leaks. Thanks to everybody that helped holding thumbs while the tanks cure, it helped!

Regards,
Rudi