Capflyer

Well Known Member
What a day yesterday. First I sat with my AB-DAR and went through my registration forms then mailed them. Later after some final checks, priming the fuel systems/pump, did some engine cranking using instructions from Mattituck to lube up the engine, then cranked her up.

As you will see on the video she cranked over immediately after turning on the dual Lightspeed ignitions and ran beautifully. Smooth as could be. Temps, pressures, and flows all looked good on this just under 4 minute first run. I edited the video down because watching an engine run for 4 minutes would probably put you to sleep.

Another milestone reached. Not much left to do but finish up the canopy, cowling, and pulling off the blue stuff then she's ready for a first flight hopefully by October.

See everyone in Oshkosh....I'll be the one of those guys wandering around the field of RV's wishing mine was there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-oW5MbwmFE

Mike R.

Engine Start

Mike, congrats! How exciting. It's going to be tough for you to see all the RVs at Oshkosh with yours being so close to flying. Keep pounding.

... Bill

Hi Mike,
Congrats on the first start! I like the suffix on your N number...if you were selling your aircraft, I could buy it without changing the n number! :)
Any problems or questions give me a shout.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk."