I am having trouble getting my xm weather to update regularly. I noticed my last flight from Washington to California while I was over Nevada I could not get any updates for almost 2 hours. I have noticed when I fly from Washington to Salt Lake that I also have trouble getting updates when I am away from populated areas. As soon as I am over more populated areas I get signal. I also noticed that while I was flying over Nevada there were a lot of hot MOA's and they were conducting war games. Both of my gps units (garmin and TT) were blocked by the military for almost 30 min of flight. Perhaps I am having trouble due to military blockage. I noticed when I flew up the central valley of California on the way home I had updates every 2-4 minutes. As soon as I got over the central area of Oregon I once again had no service for over an hour. I have WxWorks tied to a GRT HX. The antennas are on the glare shield and are separated. I have the xm antenna mounted on the glare shield with two sided tape. I have moved the antenna during flight and still no updates. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Floyd

You might very well be getting a combination of things - some RFI from the "war games" that you mentioned is possible. And other might be the direction that you are flying - headed north at higher latitudes, with the XM on the glareshield, it might not see the satellites as well (they are equatorial). I have noticed a slight tendency towards losing an update or two when pointed northbound versus pointing southbound. YMMV...

Paul

After working with the GRT folks and working with the WX works people we decided to try a new antenna and it solved the problem. It was not a placement issue with the other antennas on the glare shield. If others have this problem this might help.
Floyd