airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
I'm trying to form up in my head what my panel is going to look like (when I got around to that part). I know I want full glass with 2-axis AP and will be using it for ocassional light IFR, and I know I want XM weather. Can you feed the XM WX data from a Garmin 396 to the screen of a Dynon D100 or D120 unit, or am I stuck with a 430/430W?

Not at this time but the next gen may in the future.

Not sure you can get the weather from the 396 to a 430. Not sure the 3/496 will output weather data to anything at this point.

Why not just use the 396 for displaying weather? I understand that the user interface on the 396/496 and the weather is quite good.

Last edited:
Yes it is.....

.....and so has watching hurricane Fay while I've been working the last coupla days:)
BTW, the 496 can zoom out 'til Baja California and Cuba shows!

Regards,

As already mentioned, the 396/496 do not allow you to push data to another display. Plus, the Dynon D-10/D-100 series do not show a moving map, so I'm not sure how weather would be displayed there anyway.

The Dynon next generation stuff will support XM weather, but presumably through their own module. This is how GRT does it.

Currently the Dynon EFIS displays can only take navigational cues from the various GPS units out there. In my case, the D100 gets CDI/HSI info from my 496.

I suspect but don't know but I think the new Dynon units will have their own GPS and weather inputs, thus they won't need to tie to anything else.