Strasnuts

Well Known Member
My G3X MFD states, "Check XM antenna" on the XM music page.
On the WX page it states, "Waiting for Data"
no info messages or errors come up so I think (with Garmin's help) it is an antenna problem. I have the GA-57X antenna which has both the TNC connector for XM and the BNC connector for the GPS portion. A new antenna is 200$ and I don't want to buy a new one to test it. I guess a GA27X portable antenna would work to troubleshoot but I don't have one and I can't find one. I actually have a new GA27C still in the box but i it won't work for the XM portion. Anyone out there have ideas or a GA27X I can borrow.
By the way I checked the connection on both ends and wiggled around the connector. I don't think it is a coax issue and I will make sure tomorrow when I perform a continuity check.
Anyone else have this happen?

Can't help with your exact problem but when I had an issue with my Garmin Aera antenna not behaving, I called Garmin to troubleshoot, and they just sent me a new antenna. Of course they had determined that is was an antenna problem before just sending me one. I wasn't even the original purchaser, I bought it used.

Definitley call Garmin - the G3X guys can help you. If they don't have a spare, I might be able to scrape one up.

Note that the antenna for the G3X is JUST an antenna, whereas the "antenna" for the portables is the receiver and antenna in one. I have seen that message on the portables if the antenna/reciever is unplugged - have never seen it on the GDU before.

Paul