CraigH@KRPH

Well Known Member
I'm sure most of you Garmin portable users are familiar with the bent/angled USB plug that is attached to the XM30 antenna. A year ago I found an XM30 compatible USB extension cable with a straight plug. Now, I am needing another one and can't seem to locate where it came from. Has anyone else found the source??? A standard USB extension cable WILL NOT work with the Garmin units; they do something different with the 5th pin.

Craig,

The Airgizmos cable isn't the same as the standard Garmin cable. The male end of the Airgizmos cable that plugs into a 396/496 is straight. The female end is 90 degrees.

Todd, that contradicts with what the sales guy told me this morning, but I'll call again and see if I get a different answer from someone else.

That may have to do with the definition of "male" and "female". I think that USB connections are sort of counter-intuitive. I do know that the straight connector does connect to the GPS and the other end connect to another cable.

Thanks Todd, you're absolutely correct.

I talked to somone else at Airgizmos and sure enought the male end is straight. When I went to order one the person taking the order told me I had ordered one 10 months ago. Now I know were the original came from.

When I told them it had broken at the male connector they offered to send me a replacement for FREE!

Two thumbs up for AirGizmo!

Last edited: