Berchmans

Well Known Member
My new engine arrived yesterday from Lycoming...now as I sit here looking at I am seeking words of advice...what components should I install on said engine prior to hanging it on the airframe?

I would recommend installing the oil return line from the oil cooler that sits dead center in back. If you install the fitting and hose and put a cap n the hose yu could save yourself a lot of headache down the road. Also the oil pressure restrictor fitting that goes in just under the top right mount. It is possible to get in in after the engine is mounted but again it would save you a headache.

I would recommend installing the oil return line from the oil cooler that sits dead center in back. If you install the fitting and hose and put a cap n the hose yu could save yourself a lot of headache down the road. Also the oil pressure restrictor fitting that goes in just under the top right mount. It is possible to get in in after the engine is mounted but again it would save you a headache.

ditto on the above two post.
Oil pressure take off fitting
Governor and bracket. Instal the cable and rotate the governor control head as required. It involves cutting the seal wire on ~8 screws, loosening the screws and turning as required. Not hard if the engine is not hung.

I seem to remember having to pull the left mag to install the RPM sensor for the EFIS. This would be easier if the engine has not been hung.

Exactly what I have.

FP19052008A00007.jpg

BTW, I did not install the prop governor cable and check it before I hung the engine. Real pain to do afterwards.

Last edited:
Gasket question

Now that I am ready to start doing some assembly on the engine I was wondering if there is a gasket between the throttle body assembly and the engine or is it a metal to metal fit?