lucky

Well Known Member
Yesterday the radio just refused to operate on 122.7. Every other frequency we used in 3 hours of flying and 5 airport stops worked fine. It did not work in the air and it did not work on the ground even with a handheld next to the plane while debugging. It would not break squelch on RX and would not break my flying buddy's different radios squelches when I transmitted. Acted like there was a SW bug that blocked it out completely so I'm hoping someone else with the same radio can test it but then if it is a SW related issue, how would we be able to compare SW versions is another story all together...

Last edited:
I can receive on 122.7. I'm not set up to xmit yet. It's just being used as a scanner on the bench so far. Software version 250, build 4. I took delivery of my XCOM in late march.

I can receive on 122.7. I'm not set up to xmit yet. It's just being used as a scanner on the bench so far. Software version 250, build 4. I took delivery of my XCOM in late march.

when you tune to 122.7 what are the exact 2 least sig digits (ie, what's displayed to the right of the 7)?

latest software release fixes some PLL issues which can cause this behavior. V2.02.05 is the latest. I can update the firmware if you send me the radio. Contact me offline if you would like to do this.

latest software release fixes some PLL issues which can cause this behavior. V2.02.05 is the latest. I can update the firmware if you send me the radio. Contact me offline if you would like to do this.

thanks for the reply. I don't recall the SW Version number ever displaying on the radio at start up or reading how to make it show up but then I admit I never pay any attention to it anymore once I finally got it back from Australia fixed after initial purchase years ago.

Last edited:
FYI. From the manual:

"To access the setup screens, turn the unit off using the ON button and, while holding the DUAL and MODE buttons, turn the unit back on using the ON button. The current software version, VER, will be displayed for a few seconds and then the unit will enter the setup mode."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nKNLtY-o04

Not sure why my fairly new radio is at v250 bld 4 if current is v2.02.05. Am I ahead or behind?

build 5 is the latest, yesterday I received build 6 beta which is the Garmin frequency functionality that I will begin testing in the next week.

build 5 is the latest, yesterday I received build 6 beta which is the Garmin frequency functionality that I will begin testing in the next week.

Glad to hear it!

These updates are self service, right? I don't see where to download them on the website.

Thanks.

Software self update

Unfortunately not.... The customer cant do the updates themselves. For a number of reason but primarily the FCC wont allow users to do it and the programmer is very expensive (like $300 each)

You need to return the radio to your friendly XCOM software update centre which for this group means Rocket Bob who will wave the wand and upload the latest software suitable to your radio build for a very reasonable fee. If its an older radio it could also do with a hardware update but this needs to be completed by Narco Avionics.

Any questions please don't hesitate to contact either myself through xcomavionics.com of Rocket Bob through this site.

Take Care Michael Coates from XCOM Avionics