bhassel

Well Known Member
Well since reality has slapped me around a little and I still haven't been able to save the ~700,000 pennies necessary for the wing kit, I thought I'd fire up X-Plane.

I have a couple of questions:

• How well do the X-Plane models reflect the flight characteristics of a real RV especially the 9, 10 and 12?
  • How tall is the stick in front of the seat in the 9, 10 and 12?

The joystick is sensitive enough that I figured I might as well rig it up similar to what I'd find in an RV and see what kind of X-Pane stick response there is.

Does anyone have any experience at this?

Thanks,

Bob

I wish I knew. I've had that x plane game here for awhile and cant seem to get it to work on my computer.

I have the same trouble. I just decided to stick with FlightSim X although it doesn't play well with the aircraft models designed for FlightSim 2004!

No.............they are terrible! Pitch up (like a Cessna)........instead of down with flap deployment, and give little sensation of the real thing. There are better X-plane models, but these don't qualify.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

Thanks,

I guess the next thing is to learn how to build my own model and figure out the spec's on the 9 wing...

Bob

Last edited: