drmax

Well Known Member
Hello. I'm about to purchase the X-Plane sim program and wondering if anyone here has coupled their iFly 720 to it yet? Over at adventure pilot, there is a couple threads about it, but Adventure Pilot does not support that portion with using a sim with their unit, as of yet. So I'm simply asking here, for any advice. I'm get the sim to start IFR training, with my RV9A. I've heard the X-Plane sim is the way to go. Thank you for your input. DM

Wow, from the many viewers without response, it looks as if I'll be answering my own questions.

It's probably because we share your curiosity and lack of expertise. Sorry I don't know anything about the system, but will be interested to know the answer when it is discovered.

It's probably because we share your curiosity and lack of expertise. Sorry I don't know anything about the system, but will be interested to know the answer when it is discovered.
Exactly! Looking fwd to share my experience and definetly will. Sorta thinking it may be good to have an area here at ths forum for this subject, rather than in the "general" area. I'll point this out to a mod. Cheers :)

X-Plane

Looking at the X-Plane web site,
I see that it runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux platforms. It also runs on several mobile platforms.

I see nothing that says it will run on iFly. I also see nothing on the iFly web site that says it will run other programs nor what the base operating system is.

If it is written on an Android platform and you have hacked the device software, then maybe you will be able to run it. Note: I said maybe.

Looking at the X-Plane web site,
I see that it runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux platforms. It also runs on several mobile platforms.

I see nothing that says it will run on iFly. I also see nothing on the iFly web site that says it will run other programs nor what the base operating system is.

If it is written on an Android platform and you have hacked the device software, then maybe you will be able to run it. Note: I said maybe.
It does...it's just not advertised as such.(yet and they're working on it) Info is over at A/P.

I saw a note in the latest version of Foreflight that X-Plane is supported. This is kindof a neat development and a great learning tool! Using your actual flight instrumentation in a simulated flight is fantastic idea and hope it catches on with other vendors.

Running an X-Plane simulation on a laptop in the cockpit linked to your EFIS and GPS would make for a fantastic learning environment!