Rick RV-4

Well Known Member
I am considering ordering GS-Air's X-Pak LED lighting system from Aircraft Spruce. I did a search on this topic, and a few people have discussed them but does anyone have any experience actually using them?

Be interested to hear the results. I'd like to know how they stack up with reliability, customer service, maintainability, etc. I'm also considering the standard Aeroflash nav/strobe/position package (all in one units) as well as the Whelen systems. The new Whelen LED-based system seems like the best but I don't think I can justify the extra $500-600 dollars for a plane I'm going to use 99% during daylight hours.

Any other suggestions? I have no interest in "rolling my own" as I've seen others do.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
RV-4 3541 (90% done, 90% to go)

I have the GS-Air LED NAV/Strobe setup on my Rocket. They work great! The X Pack strobes are fun, lots of flash configurations. Installation was easy. No issues with it so far after 40 hours in service. Seems to be good quality stuff.

nice lights

Those look sweet. Is the foot print the same as a Whelen combo? Any pics of them installed?