houndsfour

The airboss (wife) and I are are planning a x-crounty in our RV-6. I was wondering if any one out there could give me afew pointers on flying from Chicago (1c5) to Savannh Ga. or that area for a long weekend. I was planning on 2 fuel stops (can we say potty break) and than into Savannh. Any advice on were to stop and what to see and all that stuff would be a great help. This will be our longest flight in the "6" and I want it to be a fun experence.
Thanks
Rich
RV-6 721ET

Rich,
Go to <airnav.com>. Click on aviation fuel. Then, plan flight with fuel stops. Put in your departure and destination airports. Click on find cheapest route. I use this all the time. It's great. Be sure to call ahead to confirm the fuel prices.
Mel...DAR

Kavl

Asheville, NC, is really pretty. Not exactly a direct route, but pretty darn close to your route. It'd be a nice approach and if you have time, the town has a lot of scenery like the Biltmore Estate, as well.

house_mainpic.jpg

X country

Mel and Brian,
Thanks very much for the help. I think the web site you pointed out Mel is priceless. Has any one flown into Savannha with a homebuilt?
Thanks
Rich