keithschult

Well Known Member
I thought I'd share this trip with everybody:

Yesterday I took off from Henderson Executive (KHND) in Las Vegas at 0630 PST (0830 CST) and flew to my home base in Lee's Summit, MO (KLXT), landing at 1600 CST. Total trip time, including fuel stop, was 7 1/2 hours. I did not fly a great circle route (1003 n.m.) but deviated to the south to avoid the Grand Canyon. I stopped for fuel in Pagosa Springs, CO (KPSO). Total flying time includes the 2 climbs, 2 cruises, 2 sight seeing circles, and 2 descents.

Statistics for the trip are:
1) 1053 n.m. distance
2) 6 1/2 hour flying time (plus 1 hour on the ground)
3) 162 kt. average speed
4) 192-206 kt. cruise speed (TAS was 155-157kts)
5) 49.5 gallons used (7.61 average gph)
6) 40 kt. tailwind for most of the route @ 17,500 MSL

I fly a 6A, O-360 with F/P prop. I was showing 15.4 MAP & 2550rpm most of the way. OAT was around 19F most of the trip.

Sounds like a nice day Keith!

Now where was that thread where the guy was trying to convince his wife that building an RV would give them a great traveling option.....;)

This too...

".....trying to convince his wife"

and a nice 24 (s)miles per gallon.

Hey Guys!!

Hey Ron:

This particular flight was my return trip after a week traveling.

On the trip out I did all the things you mentioned, plus Shiprock near Farmington. I also spent an evening in Page, AZ, where I spotted the B-25 Mitchell bomber owned by the Planes of Fame Museum out of Chino, CA, which was being used as a photo platform for the photographing of four brand new red-tailed Lear jets for an upcoming marketing campaign. That was fun, both to watch from the ground and to fly in circles above them over Lake Powell on a Friday evening and Saturday morning while the four jets did formation flying.

I love flying out west.