dougweil

Well Known Member
Hi all:

Has anyone mounted the WxWorx XM antenna (little square black one) under the cowling? I planned to mount my GPS antenna there as I know there are no issues with GPS reception but wondering about the XM signal.

Thanks!!

Doug, I'm using the WxWorx little square antenna mounted on top of my glare shield. It doesn't work there, although it has worked for others. I'm trying to figure out an alternate location. I may have to purchase a Comant antenna and mount it externally on the top of the rear fuselage.
Garry Stout, Tampa, FL

xm ant

I mounted a standard xm antenna that came with the wx works receiver in the top of my vertical stabilizer, under the cap at the top, while I was building the 7a. It has worked very well there for the last 3 years.

Hey Doug;
I have mounted mine under the cowling and can't comment on it's effectiveness or not yet. I am close, just haven't tested it yet.. I know of others that have mounted under the cowling with no problems. I'll let you know how mine works out.

thom

glareshield.

I have wxworx and xmradio antenna on the glareshield, along with 3 gps pucks. Working great.

Good Luck.