RV9798

Well Known Member
This year I will be visiting Airventure 2010 in my RV9, with one of my buddies from the flying club, which happens to be a fellow EAA Thorp builder and also who happens to be a Thunderbolt WW2 pilot. I would like him to meet other WW2 pilots at Airventure. Does anybody know a contact of the WW2 pilots at OSH ? Your input will be much appreciated.

Another source might be the EAA HQ or AirVenture

Another source might be the EAA HQ or AirVenture. There most certainly be some WWII veterans there. I'm not one and I don't go anymore so I can't speak for the latest AirVentures but I did attend in 2005, 6 & 7 and saw Chuck Yeager up close and he and Bud Anderson flying P-51s. If he wears a P-47 hat and walks the grounds I would bet one of his contemporaries will say hello and a conversation could emerge from that. Spontaneous conversation might be the best kind actually.

Bob Axsom

I can't say about this year, but often they have a gathering at the museum. Also in the warbird area. I met Bud Anderson last year and he certainly is a fine gentleman. If it is possible to meet you at OSH, I have a nice gift for you (and any other WWII vets.) PM me if you like.

Bob Kelly