stigaro

Well Known Member
I recently purchased a new Garmin 245R audio panel from somebody else on this forum. Long story short, the connector kit was missing from the unopened box. Garmin says to contact the vendor but repeated calls to the vendor have been unresponsive other than to say it is being forwarded on. Anyway, after several weeks of this, I thought I would ask here in case anyone has an unused connector kit for this system (or similar).

FYI, the connector kit for the 245R is not the same as the 245.
The kit PN for the 'R' is: 011-03828-00

FYI, the connector kit for the 245R is not the same as the 245.
The kit PN for the 'R' is: 011-03828-00
That's correct, but it looks like the GMA245 includes the same two 44 pin HD connectors as the 245R kit as well as a couple other things.

Looking at the invoice for my avionics from Stein a few months back, the Connector Kit is a separate line item for almost all of the Garmin boxes - so you shouldn’t expect it to be in the carton with the avionics box….connectors are extra…..

Looking at the invoice for my avionics from Stein a few months back, the Connector Kit is a separate line item for almost all of the Garmin boxes - so you shouldn’t expect it to be in the carton with the avionics box….connectors are extra…..
Well that is true of most Garmin hardware, according to the installation manual, the GMA24R Standard kit (which this was) includes the connector kit. It also lists PN 011-03828-00 as included right on the box. So I'm pretty sure the connector kit was supposed to come with this kit.

Contents.jpg
GMA245R.jpeg

That's correct, but it looks like the GMA245 includes the same two 44 pin HD connectors as the 245R kit as well as a couple other things.
The 245 uses a tray with connectors mounted to the rear backplate, the 245R has no tray and uses back shells that attach to unit directly.
The only parts useable from a 245 kit would be the Dsub connectors themselves.

The 245 uses a tray with connectors mounted to the rear backplate, the 245R has no tray and uses back shells that attach to unit directly.
The only parts useable from a 245 kit would be the Dsub connectors themselves.
Ah, that explains the difference in price then. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Call Stein Air, they have the remote connector kit.

Yes, I know I could buy it, but I was supposed to get it as part of the kit I purchased. It's another $270 that I've already spent the first time I bought the kit. I was hoping someone might have the some unused connectors sitting around from a previous upgrade, for example.

Both Aircraft Spruce and Garmin have always had exceptionally good Customer Service, so I'm not going to fault them here. Seems I'm just getting caught in the cracks and nobody knows what to do about it.

Hi Stigaro,

The part # on the original box should have included the connector components. Do you have the original invoice with order number (from Spruce, I assume)?. If so, please send the copy of the invoice to [email protected] . I've also DM'd you additional contact info.

B/R,
Brad

Kudos to Garmin Customer Support for stepping up and sending me the missing connectors from my audio panel! In my experience, Garmin has always been an exceptional and extremely reputable company to deal with as they have provided me in-depth support on a variety of items. This type of support will keep me on the Garmin train for some time to come.
Thanks @g3xpert!