Chrisran75

I'm New Here
Hi all,
This is my first post after embarking on an RV7 build.

I've been progressing nicely with the empennage but to my horror, have just discovered the HS710 vans sent me, is not the correct part (even though it is marked HS710 and looks the same). Having already drilled the part to HS702 and HS00001, I was concerned that the flange seemed a little short when the spar was cleco to the skin.
On contacting vans, it's seems my fears are correct, they think they've sent me a HS-810.

I fear I'll therefore need new parts to replace all these. Anyone else experienced anything similar and what help can I expect from Vans? (I haven't heard anymore since they admitted sending HS810 labelled as HS710. Thanks

I'd imagine that vans will make it right. I cant say for sure, but if that really is their fault then they should send you new parts in my opinion.

That's reassuring, thanks - I need to give them time to respond further.
I wish I'd spotted it earlier! I did notice an extra predrilled hole o/b of bend line when I first started working the part, but everything else about the part looked correct, so I dismissed it as perhaps not having made it into the plans. Plus being early days in the build, I hate bugging people with 'obvious' questions!
One of no doubt many lessons for me to learn in the coming years....

Vans sent me the dimensions of HS710 last night, it measures the same as HS810 except for the root length of the flange, which is shorter on HS810 than HS710.

They sent me a mislabeled part in the fuse kit, took a pic and emailed it to them, they sent me the correct part free. We are all human, and believe it or not, even Vans Aircraft can make a mistake......every now and then.

I have been surfing this forum for about a year now and have read multiple threads with wrongs parts sent from Van's and Van's has always made it right. I wouldn't be too worried about that.

I also had good experience with Vans making good on parts. I inventoried my wing kit and every single part was there except ONE AN3 bolt, and I let them know. They actually sent me an envelope with a single bolt inside. I kind of felt like a jerk after the fact.