flytoday

Well Known Member
Just spent four days at RV Central with Jay, installing a new autopilot. I recommend anyone who purchased their plane and wants to learn about the inner workings spend a few days with Jay and all the team who are restoring RV1 and working other projects. Everyone was eager to answer my questions. Worth every second!!!

Great Trio unit

Finished closing up 9RV about 10pm Sunday. Test flew about 9 am yesterday, verified Horizontal Roll neutral setting and flew a short 6 waypoint TEST FLIGHT route on the 496, altitude hold set at 2000'. Continuous light with occasional moderate turbulence. Banged the DC headset on the canopy twice (glad I have that thick pad) and the Trio performed flawlessly! I gave it some sharp turns in the test route ( > 90 degrees) and all very accurately turned and captured. Too rough to solo check all the gains so left them all default.

Flew from T67 to KLVJ at 1:30 pm, ceiling at 2300' so I set up Pro Pilot at 1800' and 496 direct KSGR - KLVJ and just relaxed and watched it handle every bump and thump. Will check gains on a smooth clear day and a second crew member to keep it safe!

Went up to T67 on Thurs and back yesterday, managed to have > 20 knot headwinds each way!

I rate the Trio 5 out of 5. Chuck, at no charge, tested and adjusted my roll servo from my old NAVAID system and strongly discouraged me from spending an extra $750 on a new one.

Jay Pratt and all the team at RV Central helped me more than I can describe! Jay suggested I consider upgrading to a 5 point belt!