aadamson

Well Known Member
I know i'm not building an RV, but I figured I'd share something back with the community at large.

I'm going to be doing all the wiring on my Legacy, both panel and other. Before I get started, I wanted to create all the wiring in schematic form. This will help with the actual wiring and also after the fact as I attempt to diagnose problems (which I'm not going to have :eek: ).

This effort will evolve rather slowly as I build each schematic and correct errors as I go along. I'm doing this in TurboCad Designer, a very good, inexpensive 2D cad program. I'll also save each version as a DXF file.

I figured, there might be similarities between lots of airplanes regardless of their construction methods and while this won't be 100% applicable to any one RV, it might help get someone started. As a result, I've decided to share this "work in progress".

I've had a Legacy Builders forum going for a few months and that is where i'll post the versions and updates. Feel free to stop by and grab the latest version and use it as you wish. The web address to that forum is http://legacyfg.jconserv.net and the thread is in the "Wiring" section.

Note to Doug: I ddn't see a general "wiring" section on the VAF, so I posted this in the general section. The reasons - my efforts will include electrical, avionics, trim, flaps, engine, flight systems, etc. Move it as you see fit.