svennijo

I am about ready to order a firewall forward kit for my RV-8 with a O-360. My engine came with a Woodward B-210452 governor installed, the propeller shop said the governor was off of a Mooney.

I was planning on either a Whirlwind prop or a BA Hartzell (Aluminum). Has anyone used this Woodward governor and how did it work with either of these propellers?

Also has anyone hooked one up using a Van's firewall forward kit? I talked to Van's today and it sounded like the governors both have the linkages in the rear so I am assuming a standard firewall forward kit propeller cable will work...

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Josh

If it has the correct specs, it should work.

Most old timers will tell you that the Woodward's are as good as they get but heavy and built like a tank.

I bought a used one that was suppose to work with a BAF Hartzell but it ended up having the opposite control mode and was not one that could be easily swapped.

Went with a used PCU5000 and never looked back.

governor weight

Anyone have any info on the various governor weights? I've looked, and looked and cannot find anything. Specifically looking for info on Woodward versus the Jihostroj.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

The Woodward is a tank compared to the newer units. Not sure the actual difference but it is significant.

The Woodward is a tank compared to the newer units. Not sure the actual difference but it is significant.

Yes, that is my understanding also, but would like to know the actual impact before I make a decision one way or the other. I've read the Jihostroj literature and have seen "2-lb weight savings" listed. Also have read that the Jihostroj produces more flow and better controlability. Service seems to be good as there's little bad press out there.

Just hoped to find more specifics.