I can't speak for that 3-1 but I did notice it said "six fingers" for the box brake. I have a 24" pan/box brake and it has ten fingers. I'd suspect six for 30" would leave too many gaps if you do a lot of compound bends.

Last edited:
Pm sent

Woodward fab has outstanding customer service BTW. I was fixing up a similar machine (not even purchased from them) that i pulled out of a dumpster and I called them and explained what I was working on, they sent me all the parts I was missing for the cost of shipping only! They were awesome.

A twin of this can be purchased from Harbor Freight on sale for a reasonable price. After it is cleaned and oiled, it makes a nice tool as long as you understand it's capability.

The capacity XXga. is quoted for a bend or roll the entire length. It can take thicker shorter pieces. It will cover most of your project needs. With the exception of the spars and the panel, most of the airframe is built with materials 22ga. or under.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=break+shear+roller Wait for a sale.