Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Where is the guy making the solid wood RV models?
Now that I'm ready, I've lost the information.

I have ordered models from several places over 30 plus years and Fred Griffin of Griffin aerospace models is outstanding. In fact at least one other model maker took the money and never provided a model, Fred is not like that, he is an honest hardworking guy that loves aviation, in fact I just ordered a model of my RV 8 form him and paid full price so I support him not because I get something but because he does great work and services the customer right. Please tell Fred I said hi if you decide to call him

Fred Griffin Aerospace Models
Meacham International Airport Terminal
4201 N . Main Ste 109
Ft Worth TX 76106
(817) 624- 2320

Jack Merrell

I've ordered a model from http://createaplane.com/index.html . I haven't received mine yet, but got to see samples at the Lumberton Fly-in this past weekend. Models were of high quality and excellent workmanship. There's a 6-8 week turn-around from time of order to delivery. I'm at 4.5 weeks so I'm starting to get anxious. We shall see.

--
Michael

Wood Models

I also ordered from Bill Briley at creataplane.com. Have sent photo's and am waiting. He has been very responsive to me. I pre ordered before I had all my graphics done and we have exchanged several timely e-mails. I finally got everything to him a week or so ago. I will let you know when I get my model.

Ditto on creataplane.com

I ordered mine about a month ago when Bill put a note here in the forums. I have gotten frequent photo updates as the models have been created (I ordered two - one for home, and one for the office), and the latest one I saw has captured the Valkyrie to a "T"... In my mind, they look ready to ship!

Paul

Contact for Models?

For anyone who ordered a model through Bill at Createaplane, did you have a contact for his model maker in PI? I had a model of my Wolf Boredom Fighter done through Bill by his model maker Winston, and it was awsome. Now it's time to do the RV-7, but I don't have contact info. Anyone have that?

Jim

Thanks Carl, that's exactly why I wanted to direct to Winston. He did a great job on my Boredom Fighter so I wanted to go back to the same guy.

I can't tell you who to use (although the vendors at OSH were good, the best one was doing clear windshields & interior) but I can tell you who you shouldn't use: http://www.warplanes.com/.

It's part of Actionjetz LLC and they have several websites. It took over a year to get mine done -after paying extra for to move ahead of the line- and the work was poor; they just didn't put any care into the paint job. Customer service after my order was terrible and I'm still waiting for a few things from them... I bought them 6 month ago from another vendor, otherwise I'd still be waiting.

Nice Models

Just a plug for Winston's models...I just received my wooden RV from Builder Science in the PI, which is the second model I've had them do. Contact is Winston Uy ([email protected]). There used to be a guy that took the orders then had Winston do the work, but Winston is taking orders directly with payment through PayPal. I won't quote what I was charged, but it's really, reasonable for a great product. The flash makes the colors a little off, but the overall model is really nice (note white specs on the lower view are packing residue).
IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3708.JPG

Winston

I ordered a RV-9 model as a gift for another builder on VAF.

I was a little leery ordering from him at first since he is overseas, however, he sent photos during the build, made corrections as needed and delivered on time with no damage and the model was perfect.

I'll order again once my 8 is done.

Phil