BlackRV7

Well Known Member
A totally useless, serve no purpose post but tonight was a big night. I reattached the baffling, after having to make some replacement parts....the prop off a 180 does a number on alum.....hung the oil cooler and "presto" ALL the connections firewall forward are completed!!:D I could now feed her some fuel, push the start button and fire up this Barrett Precision 360. Nope, I'm not going to start her up in the front yard like I did the first time, but it sure feels nice to look at her and know she could, and would, make noise.

Now where did I leave those wings.................

As said in a classic.............I feel the need, the need for speed;)

No pass line

All I want to know is have you developed the "DO NOT CROSS" yellow tape line and post that is portable and you can set up around your plane when it's parked on the ramp. After all, the Dana 1st annual fly in is getting ready to happen and plenty of those tail draggers will be taxing around that can't see in front of them.

All I want to know is have you developed the "DO NOT CROSS" yellow tape line and post that is portable and you can set up around your plane when it's parked on the ramp. After all, the Dana 1st annual fly in is getting ready to happen and plenty of those tail draggers will be taxing around that can't see in front of them.
I'm thinking Black Magic needs one of those tall fiberglass poles with a red flag on top.

CONGRATULATIONS Dana. It has been a long trek but the end is in sight. Wow, you get to experience the joy of the first flight twice.

Way to go Dana

Glad your almost back up. Wish you could make the ATL clinic but I know you'll be up with us before you know it.

Keep the blue side up..

I'm thinking maybe some Day-Glo orange stripes. If its that hard to see on the ground, think how hard it is to see in the air... :eek:

Karl

Dana's gathering

Just think of it as the...

Dana's
Annual
Madison
Nomads

aka the DA_N

Word has it he has contacted the highway department and has a few orange barrels reserved, and armed guards are instructed to shoot to kill if another plane gets within 50 feet.

Forget the red flag...

Run 1/2" chain link around your plane - let the other plane chew on chain link fence next time instead of expensive aluminum! :D

Glad to hear that you're almost flying again. My little part of the original Black Magic (the starter ring) is almost ready to fly too!

Just watch where you park next time! ;)

.....kinda thought the ramp was where one was supposed to park:confused:

You guys are brutal:) Nah, no day glo, black it is!!

Up to today, as it's overcast and raining, mother nature has been cooperating. I have a greenhouse on the side of my house which the sun warms up nicely. I have been able to paint my wheel pants, gear leg fairings and intersection, as the greenhouse warms to about 75 even if it's 35 outside. The fuselage, and fuel tank Kahuna built for me, get paint in about a week.

Hum, where is that other wing.....I found one on the pool table......

BlackRV7;300537 ...........I have a greenhouse on the side of my house which the sun warms up nicely. I have been able to paint my wheel pants said:
LOL, I can see it now, Wife asks, "How did my diffinbachia (sp?) get black overspray on it's leaves?":D

Great news to hear,