Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys-

First let me apologize for the plethora of "How to?" questions I have been posting here.. We bought our RV and there have been several things we have wanted to change and the more and more I browse this site and see how guys are doing things, I think there are QUITE a few things I can tackle myself on this lil' guy rather than paying some mech $50/hour to do a rather "simple" job..

I can think of a number of odd jobs I'd like to do:

- New panel w/ EFI and EMS..
- Intercom setup
- Interior
- RV 7 rudder/stab

Anyway, I have started working on some of these items.. Which leads me to this post..

The OB (original builder) of the plane has a intercom setup in the plane that is less than what we wish to have in it.. It's a home built stand along unit that was velcro'd to the base of the "seats."

We have since purchased a PS Engineering PM1000 II and would like to install it..

I was just curious if anyone might know an a website/thread that might be able to help me walk along some of this so I could install it myself?

I would also like to "relocate" the head set jacks... They are integrated on this "floating" intercom box.. I would like to mount them on the left and right side of the aircraft, behind the pilots as to keep the wires out of the "cockpit" at all times..

So, I am looking for a lil' info on this task if anyone could help..

Thanks!

Jeff

check threads

If do a thread search there are a number on this topic including the jack location ideas, also the installation manuals are on the PS engineering site including the wiring diagrams.

I opted not to purchase the intercom harness when I ordered my SL40,GTX327, and PS1000II from Stark, thinking I'll give it a shot. I ended up buying it anyway from PS along with the 2 1/2" dia instrument hole faceplate. You still get to solder wires to the jacks.

Steve

Yeh, we are thinking about either letting Stein wire it up or just picking up the harness from PS Engineering..