Tram

Well Known Member
Ok, so the PO of our aircraft simply ran a mic and phone from the radio itself and then installed a stand alone intercom was used.

This intercom has since reached it's useful life.

Now I've got a PS Engineering 1000II and got SteinAir to rig up a harness for me.

I'm very much learning to read electric schematics. I think I have a pretty good grab on it, but have just a few questions.

I have a few questions..

In the image that follows I have highlighted a portion red. What does this symbol illustrate?

My next question - the current setup has 2 jacks coming from the radio obviously. The phone and the mic. One has 3 wires - white/blue, white/orange and white. The other has white/blue and white.

Can I take the white from the headphone jack and wire this to pin 17 on the PM1000?

Basically, I'm wondering if these wires are what I'm looking for to wire in aircraft phone audio high, a/c mic audio high, a/c radio ptt, a/c mic audio low?

That will still leave me with the white/blue on the headphone jack being unused.

Am I reading this correctly so far? :)

SCAN0001-1.jpg

1. The red you have highlighted is your shields.
2. If I'm reading your question correctly, you do not want to wire the headset phones to pin 17 of the pm 1000. That is the input from your radio to the audio panel. You want the mk 12d audio high pin 5 to go to 17, use the shield to go into the audio low pin 4 of the audio panel and wire up your mic and phones jacks according to the right hand side of your drawing.

Hope this helps, any questions don't hesitate to pm me. Avionics is what I do for a living and I'm always happy to help.

Trevor

The green highlights just signify that those two lines in the schematic are connected together.

It is a schematic notation only, it does not imply the physical location of the connection.

Typically, for the Power In, the red wire would go to pin 9, and pin 9 would also have a short jumper wire connected to pin K.

Thanks Gil. I was able to figure that out via some Google searching. :) I couldn't find anything for the shielding. I've got the radio already installed, powered, etc. I just need to get the signals out of the radio and into my intercom properly.

Ok guys..

I've got it wired up..

I get comm audio, nav audio and can transmit on the pilot side.
I get comm audio, nav audio and can transmit on the copilot side.

I am getting no intercom action.

Help? ;)