Charles in SC

Well Known Member
I am wiring very slowly. My question is about wires that go to the rear aft of the seats. I assume the wires run through the trough that the elevator push tube is in. What are good ways to secure/ protect the wires from chaffing against the tube?
Thanks in advance!

I am wiring very slowly. My question is about wires that go to the rear aft of the seats. I assume the wires run through the trough that the elevator push tube is in. What are good ways to secure/ protect the wires from chaffing against the tube?
Thanks in advance!

Charles, what airplane are you building? In the -6, Van's approved a hole in the main spar shear web, opposite of an identical hole that was for the spec'd manual trim cable.

If you're building a 6/7/9, adel clamps with nutplates or just bolts and nylocks. I had several nutplates just for this purpose on the ribs of the center tunnel, I ended up adding extra adel clamps with bolts and nylocks. Not a great pic but the best I could find, bottom of the right rib that holds the aileron trim you can see the threads/nylock holding the adel clamp and wires on the tunnel side.
CEA55180-E8E2-490C-947E-33874D0E5082-15534-000008A998B0C45C_zps2b856bf1.jpg

Last edited: