mike109g6

Well Known Member
For you electrical wizards out there-I ain't. Finished wiring the head of my RAC 205 Stick grip per Fig 1 plans-one stick, no relays. On the plans it says to wire the PTT normal open to normal closed #2 switch. Ok. Then wire common to PTT/radio. Problem-my radio/intercom has one shielded wire comming off of the intercom that I have connected to the 6 position terminal board mounted between the seat ribs. I have the wire on one connection/ring terminal, shielding on separate ring terminal. Where do I connect common from stick grip? What about the shielding connection?
2. I have a TruTrak ADI Pilot II A/P. want to use switch #4 on grip. A/P wire white/black connected to separate ring terminal on board. Common from grip switch to other side of this terminal-correct?
3. RAC wiring drawing says to run a single 12V power wire from grip head to source, and to also run (-) ground wire. To where and why? The A/P is a off/on momentary switch to engage/disengage the servos, and the PTT is a off/on momentary switch to negatively enable the radio, correct?
I hate wiring. Stein where are you when I need you?
Thanks in advance,
Mike H 9A/8A:confused:

Hi Mike,

Sounds like only 2 of your grip switches (1 & 3), will be used in the normal fashion therefore I would only run a common ground and power to those two switches as the schematic indicates. For your PTT circuit, to keep the shield from your intercom from grounding at the stick (possible current loop) I would recommend running a separate wire from Switch #5 ?NO? to your PTT shield and the actual PTT ring signal to #5 ?C?. For your autopilot control, the signal needs to be momentarily grounded for activation of the signal. To accomplish this I would connect your common ground from switches #1 and #3 to the ?NO? connection on switch #4. The actual autopilot signal would then connect to the ?C? connection on Switch #4. Be sure and DON?T connect the +12 volts to any switches other than the ones you will be using for trim control, I assume #1 and #3. Hope this helps.