Mark Henderson

Well Known Member
I was just about to complete section 31 today and discovered a problem. There are 3 wires in the tunnel that are supposed to plug into an EDC-10A 9 pin plug. The only problem is my wires came without the pins. Vans said they will send me the pins. The question is, how to I attach them? I don't have the special crimper, nor do I have access to borrow one. Can they be soldered? Will another type of crimper work?

I was just about to complete section 31 today and discovered a problem. There are 3 wires in the tunnel that are supposed to plug into an EDC-10A 9 pin plug. The only problem is my wires came without the pins. Vans said they will send me the pins. The question is, how to I attach them? I don't have the special crimper, nor do I have access to borrow one. Can they be soldered? Will another type of crimper work?

Mark,

Buy a pin-crimper from action-electronics.com....$39. Works like a champ and you may need it again with the avionics like I have.

Mark,

You note that the EDC-10 has three wires and ask how to connect them. Best you check out how many wires the Dynon EDC-10 should have and the nimber is four, not three. They are power +12v, ground, DSAB-A and DSAB-B.

Starbird

Good luck.