KALEWIS

Well Known Member
Picked up an iFly 720 at OSH and would like to "hardwire" it into the ships power. Thinking of a backup battery similar to the skyview setup. Any smart electro-magicians have any thoughts? Looking at possibly a fused 12v supply from the battery, then to the backup, then to the GPS.

Hey Pal, I mounted mine on a ram mount and it mounts right below the dynon. Don't use the supplied suction mount, it fell too many times during climb out. I bought the ball for the ifly from their store and the rest from RAM. You can use screws and nuts or 3M double sided tape to attach the other ball to the underside of the shelf. I used the strongest grade tape and it worked well.

For the hard wiring, I drilled through the bottom shelf and placed a snap bushing near the elect. connection on the ifly and ran the wire through that. I routed it out to the engine compartment and used a fused connection to the switched side of the master solenoid. This way it switches on and off with the master switch.

Now I have the 496 to throw rocks at. The ifly is one slick rig. Are you ready for Sky Bryce next month?

Check your PM's

Last edited: