humptybump

Well Known Member
Warning: this is a gorpy detailed post :confused: For the purposes and this set of questions, I'm a only discussing the GPS capabilities. COMM/NAV are not a problem.

With a GNS4xxW The wiring has:
GNS4xxW RS232 IN/OUT to the GDU460 (G3X Touch display)
GNS4xxW RS232 OUT serial to the GTX23 (transponder)​

Additionally, there was:
GNS4xxW ARINC IN/OUT to the GAD29 (ARINC module)
GNS4xxW ARINC IN from the GTX23​

There was also:
ANNUNCIATE / TIS SELECT between the GNS4xxW and the GTX23​

Thus far I've figured out some of what changes when the GNS4xxW is replaced with a GTN6xx (but obviously not everything). The only GTN install manual I could find is Rev.4 and the G3x install manual Rev.R

I have found:
GTN to GTX23 RS232 interconnections on "G3X-Rev.R pg 21-13"
GTN to GAD29 ARINC interconnections on "G3X-Rev.R pg 21-16"​

I don't find any ARINC connection between the GTN and the GTX23. Is this connection needed for the GNS4xxW but not needed for the GTN6xx?

What was the purpose of the GSN4xxW ANNUNCIATE connection to he GTX23 and which is the corresponding connection for the GTN6xx?

The GNS400W does not have an audio alert out but the GTN6xx does. What audio notifications are generated by the GTN6xx that are not also generated by the other components?

Thanks in advance for those who have forged this path before me!

Last edited:
You know how we all talk about "customer service"? Yeah. Here's another "happy surprise moment" - I received an email from the G3Xperts ...

Just use the GDU4XX and GAD29 to GTN wiring shown on page 21-16 and the GTN to GTX23ES wiring to GTX port 2 on page 21-12 (for ADS-B position source data). That is all there is to it.

.. on a Saturday. That was another happy surprise :D