Jamie

Well Known Member
This will be a very simple question for many here on the forums but I couldn't find an answer in the archives.

I have two slick impulse-coupled mags and I'm using an ACS key switch (yeah, yeah, yeah...that's another thread :)). The key switch has a jumper which will allow the right mag to be grounded out (disabled) when the switch is in the 'start' position and the wiring instructions indicate that this jumper should be installed if the left mag is impulse-coupled. Well, it makes sense to shut off the right mag during startup if only the left is impulse-coupled...but I'm curious what to do if BOTH mags are impulse-coupled.

In my setup should I be starting on both mags or just the left. Sorry...nubile question I know...but the answer alludes me.

I think I have the answer but wanted to run it by more knowledgeable folks first.

- Jamie

Jamie said:
This will be a very simple question for many here on the forums but I couldn't find an answer in the archives.

I have two slick impulse-coupled mags and I'm using an ACS key switch (yeah, yeah, yeah...that's another thread :)). The key switch has a jumper which will allow the right mag to be grounded out (disabled) when the switch is in the 'start' position and the wiring instructions indicate that this jumper should be installed if the left mag is impulse-coupled. Well, it makes sense to shut off the right mag during startup if only the left is impulse-coupled...but I'm curious what to do if BOTH mags are impulse-coupled.

In my setup should I be starting on both mags or just the left. Sorry...nubile question I know...but the answer alludes me.

I think I have the answer but wanted to run it by more knowledgeable folks first.

- Jamie

Jamie... just omit the jumper and start on both mags.

gil in Tucson