prkaye

Well Known Member
I've been slowly putting the pieces together mentally... think I have a handle on the basic electrical system now. I've put together a wiring diagram for the FWF wiring... basically all the wiring stuff to get the airplane started and the electrical system running. I was hoping some of you more knowledgeable folks might be willing to have a look and offer feedback.
This is not a schematic - i haven't used standard electrical symbols... it's meant to be a wiring diagram mapping out the physical connections I will make on my airplane.
There are some things I've borrowed from other builders (like Dan Checkoway's copper bar to the ANL limiter), and a couple of things I've made-up myself. For example, I'm not sure about the way I've shown the wire from the battery lead of the starter switch going to the post on my battery bus fuseblock... electrically this is the same as going direct to the battery, but I'm not sure if there's a practical reason not to do it this way. There are a few other things I'm not sure about... for example what fuse size to use for my primer solenoid... I made a couple of guesses about wire size too.
If anybody has any corrections or advice on my plan, I'd certainly appreciate the feedback!
http://www.c-func.com/CFunc_wiring.pdf

Consider moving...

...the battery fuse block to the engine side of the firewall.

Then you won't have any unfused wires passing through the firewall.