bruceh

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm trying to think ahead as I build the tail and was wondering if I should plan on running some sort of conduit in the VS for either a beacon or video camera on the top of the VS.

If I run conduit, what size and where can I run it?

There are 2 tooling holes at the front of the VS nose ribs. Can I enlarge these and run it there, or is it better to run it closer to the rear VS spar?

I just ran a piece of standard convoluted tubing through enlarged tooling holes and ran a sting through it. If I ever get around to installing a tip camera, I'll just pull the wires through with the string. Yeah, I'll get around to that some day....;)

Paul

Is split conduit OK?

I went down to Fry's Electronics at lunch and picked up a roll of the 1/2" corrugated black plastic conduit. It is split, but looks like it should work as a simple way to pass wires down the front of the VS at some point in the future. I can't imagine that having a split along there would affect anything. It is way too soon to know if anything will ever get put in there or not. I'll secure the ends of the conduit to the ribs with sealant.