I have a GoPro camera mounted in my -4. The problem is having AAA Lithium batteries on hand (and installed) when I need them. I would like to install a circuit that comes from my aircraft's wiring system and runs into the camera that I could control from my switched panel. Has anyone got any ideas? This would have to drop the voltage from 12V down to 3V. If anyone knows of any "gotchas" I should look out for, I would appreciate hearing about those also.

Check with Radio Shack or other electronics store for an adapter. They usually have several options for various voltage outputs.

LM317 adjustable voltage regulator, cheap & pretty simple to build one. Do a google search and you will find plenty of reference material on how to put one together. Total cost probably under $5 :)

LM317 adjustable voltage regulator, cheap & pretty simple to build one. Do a google search and you will find plenty of reference material on how to put one together. Total cost probably under $5 :)

Twenty Six years after graduating college, LM317 immediately popped into my head too :) Here's a very simple circuit that I found for you, Rosie