rjcthree

Well Known Member
For wire labeling, I had a good plan that isn't working, I'd like some help on plan B.

I planned on using my brother labeler and making flags. It suited my needs, as I saw them, I'm a minimalist when it comes to labeling. All the labeling is to be done post-installation. I can't get the labels to stay as flags. The pop open -they stick to the wire, but not to themselves.

Sooo, labeling already-installed wires is the task. I researched 6:1 shrink, but it's not available in clear, and I really don't want to (won't) disconnect everything anyway to label it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

Rick 90432

ps, anybody want to help me get on the gear this weekend? :)

Kapton tape has an amber color, but is transparent enough to see labels through. That tape is the bust stuff for electrical. It can take high temps, is chafe resistant, and the adhesive on good tape lasts forever. I have used it for years and it is awesome. We used that stuff all over satellites where I used to work. if it can handle space travel, it should do fine in the RV. Of course, make sure you buy a good brand of the tape.

I used the Dymo Rhino labeler. Tape is tough and the text can automatically be repeated on the label so that it can be viewed from any angle. Would work great after completion of wiring too.

Erich