Charles in SC

Well Known Member
This may not be the place to ask this but here goes. Is there an economical crimper for #6 wires? The Van's wire kit that I got needs an end crimped on it at the relay end. I would like to be able to make the nice double rolled crimp. I also need this for another project.
Thanks in advance!

A crimp for a #6 should be solid copper and this size/kind of fitting will not roll like the smaller ends.

It's funny that nobody has mentioned using a swaging tool to accomplish this task. Nicopress sleeves come in a number of different diameters, some of which are nearly perfectly matched to an ideal swaged diameter of copper wiring terminals. I've used a Nicopress tool for this purpose many times over the years and have never had a joint fail or otherwise need replacement.

Last edited:
For all those big wires. Go to you neighborhood NAPA store and tell them what your doing..... MOst will gladly let you use their commercial crimpers.
With name and CC in case you don't bring it back. We have done it several times with various builders here in Georgia.
Jack