jbagley

Well Known Member
So, I use both an iPhone and iPad in flight regularly. These tools were a fantastic benefit on a recent flight to Alaska until...

Somewhere in the vicinity of Witehorse the wingx terrain map went away. I've played with it a bit and even downloaded a new terrain map database, but still shows a big grey nothing north of Whitehorse. Do I have something miss configured? Did I download the wrong thing? Seems kinda strange to me.

Anyone with wingx want to see if their terrain map includes Alaska?

Vlad,

I use Foreflight as well as WingX Pro. Currently, I have a subscription for both and will probably type up a comparative review when I get back to the states. Pros and cons, to be sure. The terrain map is something that Foreflight doesn't have and is pretty darn nice if you fly around mountains in crappy weather. Foreflight has some fantastic functions that are missing in WingX and vice versa.

I also have a Dual bluetooth gps on the glareshield; which I've found can only be linked to one device, so the ipad gets it and the iphone uses it's internal gps.

I have an iPhone mounted on the panel and I used the iPad on my knee. Foreflight on one and WingX on the other (which device runs what program gets swapped often). Works pretty good.
GOPR5317.jpg

My iPhone was integrated in my panel design. Would do this again in a hearbeat.

Wow James your RV panel is loaded! With this instrumentation I would launch around the globe in a heartbeat :)

James,
Did I miss the writeup about your trip? :confused:

No. I missed writing it... The last 4 months have been kinda crazy busy. I think i've only managed to put about 20 hours on the plane since we got back. :eek:

But, thanks for the reminder! Things are starting to slow down a bit and we got some fantastic pictures that i'd like to share. Might even make the Calendar this year. :D

No. I missed writing it... The last 4 months have been kinda crazy busy. I think i've only managed to put about 20 hours on the plane since we got back. :eek:

But, thanks for the reminder! Things are starting to slow down a bit and we got some fantastic pictures that i'd like to share. Might even make the Calendar this year. :D

Did things slow down a bit James? It's almost Xmas time get that writeup with pictures posted. :D