Yes. Free subscription includes gps geo-referencing, all IFR charts too. I use it on an iPad mini.
For the record, I used to pay for it, I thought it was a bargain then. Free, even better. I have used the "record the track" function to show IFR students how well (or how poorly) they did in tracking a course and/or altitude.

Anyone know if the Android version is now the same as the ipad version. Reviews indicate not, but they may be about the old version.

Yes. Free subscription includes gps geo-referencing, all IFR charts too. I use it on an iPad mini.
For the record, I used to pay for it, I thought it was a bargain then. Free, even better. I have used the "record the track" function to show IFR students how well (or how poorly) they did in tracking a course and/or altitude.

Indeed, "Replay" is a nice feature. Even for VFR its handy to compare planned route versus actual flown.

Anyone know if the Android version is now the same as the ipad version. Reviews indicate not, but they may be about the old version.

Android version definitely behind iOS version.

BUT, I think it is on the codebase that will facilitate it getting caught up.