miyu1975

Well Known Member
Can anyone give me an idea as to what shipping cost will be for my rv7 wings to Indianapolis, IN.? Planning on Partains to ship.

I had partain ship my QB kit, I called him and had a quote within the hour; strait from the horses mouth as they say.

Last edited:
I've had good experience with ABF as well as Partain. To Cincinnati, Partain was about $50.00 cheaper for a quickbuild 8 versus Vans crating and ABF shipping. Depending on Partains schedule, you may have to wait a while to get your kit. I have no complaints whatsoever with Partains service. I used them for my first 8 and the kit eventually got there. On the second and 3rd, Vans had them in stock and I was in a hurry. ABF delivered in less than a week and both times the drivers helped me uncrate the fuselage in the truck, helped me unload it, then hauled away the empty crate.
I had courteous friendly service from both company's.
I of course tipped all those drivers.:D

I'm not sure about a SB, but I would just give him a call. I'm sure he can give you a quote. his # is (541) 330-0828.

He needs the business....

Believe I read a post by Tony himself yesterday that March looked pretty slow and that he would welcome any business.

Give the man a call.

Shipping

For what it's worth, I had Van's drop ship my RV-7 SB at the nearest ABF terminal which was about 2 miles from the airport anyway and saved about $230 and they were very helpful loading it with a forklift on our pick up.:)

I just had my slow build -7 wings delivered by ABF to the Cincinnati area last Thrusday(the 19th). The charge to ABF was $402.12 and Vans charged a $100.00 handling fee that I was not anticipating. I'm not too far from IND. Was anyone else surprised by this handling fee, or did I miss something?

Vans didn't mention to me a handling fee. Just quoted 390.00 to a residential address. I will ask about this and find out where the abf center is in Indy...maybe I can pick it and save some money:)

My wings were delivered by ABF about 8 months ago when fuel was higher for about $400. I live in Jackson, Tn. Saved $80 by picking it up at ABF terminal myself. Just picked up my fuselage about 2 weeks ago and shipping was $317.