AltonD

Well Known Member
The instruction have you trim W-707D and G per Drawing 38. I don't have 38 yet. It must come with the fuse kit.

Has anybody waited to trim these as an assembly after the wings are completed and before mating to the fuse? I am curious if I should worry about it now, or just wait and do it later.

Thanks in advance for any help
Alton
Dothan, Al.
Rear Spar prep.

When I built, I had QB wings and needed to trim it. It is not hard to do once the wings are done. It can wait. When you get the plansheet, scan the plan part with the trim template so you can glue it to the spar with rubber cement to make trimming more accurate and easy. I looked to see if I had the template in my files, but I do not, otherwise I would have sent it to you. Sorry.

Roberta

Now

It's easier when in pieces 'cause you have more tool clearance, and you can use a bandsaw; still, not real difficult when assembled. I've done it both ways. Reference the preview plans for dims.

John Siebold

Thanks for the quick responses. I think I will just do it after the wing is finished. Drwg 38 is full size, all of the other views are 1/2 or smaller. I like to idea of scanning it in and using it as a guide.

Thanks again to everyone. There is nothing like being able to ask someone who has been there.

Alton