prkaye

Well Known Member
Thought I'd post this... my wings went on over the weekend. The bolts went in fine. Yesterday it took me 4 hours to get the nuts on those 16 bolts. The bottom ones were a pain.
Getting some final misc tasks done over the next couple of weeks and then she goes in for paint at the beginning of April. Also going to get the paperwork into the administrative machine while it's being painted.
Check out my wing attach photos:
http://www.c-func.com/album_wingattach.html

Last edited:
Nice Work!

Phil,

We'll have get together when that bird is done. I think you owe me a ride!!!;)

Almost there!

Congrats....

Big time congrats to you , Phil ! And soon she'll be painted ... that's got to be really exciting.

Thanks everyone! Pete, yes I do owe you a ride... ever get to Ottawa?
If you look carefully in the photo with everyone holding my wing, along the wall there is a picture (which you can only see at a slant)... your airplane is in that picture. It's one I had found on VAF forums and printed for my shop, before I even came to Minneapolis. It was funny, I remember standing in your hangar, suddenly realising that I had a photo of you in your airplane hanging up in my shop at home.

Congrats Phil!! I know you're excited.

Speaking of those pesky bottom bolts. Here's a pic of an anti-rotation bracket sent to me from a friend in Germany for installing those bolts. He said that they were laser cut from 0.125; 2024-T3. Anybody out there have the capability of making something like this? I'd pay good money to avoid the trials and tribulations of trying to put in those bottom bolts.

antirotationbracketsmall.jpg

re wings on

Congrats Phil. I hope to be doing the same soon.
Your next job is insulating that hangar! It's got to be a bear working in a down parker and moon boots.

It's actually been a beautiful week (for this time of year)... 9 or 10 degrees and sunny. A warm sweatshirt on and I've really enjoyed working out there this week.