docrick

I've read lots of thoughts about to jig or not to jig and I appreciate the information.

My question is has anyone built a pre punched wing WITHOUT a jig; and if so, was it a hassle on a big flat table.

I've got 2 EAA tables, a dimpling table with a built in DRDT-2 and this takes up a lot of room already.

Add a wing jig and there will be no room for a car and I'm not sure the wife will like that too much.

If you've built a pre punched wing jigless weigh in here.

Seems to me with prepunched holes the only reason to jig would be if it would make work easier because alignment shouldn't be an issue if the holes line up.

Thanks

I am building both wings in jigs at the same time. Was really nice to be able to drop a couple plumb lines, and run a horizontal line to verify no twist or sag...etc. before trying to "pull it together" with prepunched skins...but I can see that it could in fact be done without a jig. Just don't think it would be as easy or pleasant. Seems to me it may "kill" your back trying to lean over your work for the amount of endless hours drilling out, deburring,etc???

Last edited: